Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloweened Out


There's been a lot of Halloween going on this week. Here we are all in our costumes tonight at Gramma and Grampa's house. I'm still in my costume as I type. For those who are not well versed with Star Wars knowledge, here's the rundown starting with the bottom center and going clockwise:
James as Darth Vader, Genevieve as Princess Leia, Analise as Queen Amidala, Mike as a Storm Trooper, Patrick as Yoda, Lismarie as Padme, and Uncle Nate as a Jedi.

Here are some closer looks.


Yeah, it was pretty much awesome. Well, except for the part where UPS decided to hold Mike's Storm Trooper costume hostage an hour away for three days and not honor the guaranteed Friday delivery. Mike was sad, so I went hunting for an alternative yesterday and found a child's clone trooper costume at Toys R Us. So, we sprayed painted all the blue off of the mask and voila . . . Mike's storm trooper mask was born. Here's James as Storm Vader (his own creation).


Did you know that Halloween has become a multi-day extravaganza? We started ours on Thursday night with the annual school Fall Festival. I was working the photo booth all night, so I didn't want to be encumbered by my Padme costume. I decided to go as myself circa 1989-1991.


Everything came from my wardrobe that I already own, even the zippered jeans. Impressive, right? One of the other mom's asked me where I got the Smiths t-shirt. When I said, "From my dresser," my friend quickly said to her, "I told you." I didn't even need Aqua Net to achieve the height in my bangs. I have been genetically blessed with a cow lick that begs to be in this hair style.

After we recovered from Thursday nights festivities, we geared up again on Saturday night for Trunk-or-Treat at the Church. I didn't take any pictures that night. Sorry. All I have to say about Trunk-or-Treat is GENIUS! Where was this when I was a kid. All of our kids had full buckets within 15 minutes! Real trick-or-treating is so much more work. After walking the hills in Gramma and Grampa's neighborhood tonight, the kids were all happy to be done and sit and sort their candy. And, to all the people who hand out Almond Joys every year, Mike thanks you. There are always people who give out Almond Joys for Halloween and kids always give them to their parents. Some things never change.

Happy Halloween everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You, Lismarie, are my Halloween IDOL. I am inspired. Especially by your bangs (I also am lucky enough to have TWO cow licks on my bangs. I used to get them so big & pretty...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all the costumes! I laughed at the Almond Joy comment. They are Aubrey's FAVORITE I never get any :( She trades her other candy with her sisters to get theirs!

    ReplyDelete