Friday, February 10, 2012

Fix You

A lot has happened since June 27th . . . more than what would seem possible. Today was the culmination of the busiest, most stressful months of my life. Today was the culmination of one of the busiest, most stressful weeks of my life. I'm content to say it was all worth it. Today was the day Patrick was re-evaluated. Today was the day I was told his autism is in remission. In. Remission. We're not completely out of the woods, but we're definitely on the right track.

Today was also a sad day. Mostly, for me. We had to say goodbye to everyone at Holly Ridge Center where Patrick has been attending classes and therapy sessions for the past year. On Monday, Patrick starts preschool in the school district. Never in my life have I experienced a bigger outpouring of love and support from any organization than I did at Holly Ridge. I'm not sure that I will get to experience it again, either. It will forever be a part of my heart. I knew today was coming and I have been dreading this day. I knew that I would be emotional. I knew that I would have a hard time holding myself together. But, somehow, I managed to pull through. Then, we got in the car to drive home and no sooner did we get out onto the road then "Fix You" by Coldplay came on the radio. Well, that was the end of my composure for sure. The car ride home is long enough, though, that I was able to have a good cry and be done before we got home.

What a day. What a week. What a year. What a boy. I love you Patrick. I love you with all that is in me. Being your mom is a blessing and a privilege.

1 comment:

  1. Lismarie, It's so nice to see you blogged something after months and months AND it is very happy news.

    ReplyDelete